- Posted: Tue. 10 Jan, 2023
- Expires: 31, Dec 2023
As Trade Supervisor, you will be responsible for business development, Sales & Marketing, and leading a team of Trade Executives and ensuring sales targets are met and exceeded.
- Business Development: Build, own and grow the general trade channel in the territory in collaboration with the Hub manager. Acquisition and development of business relationship with General Trade customers, driving retention within the territory coverage area in line with the set target. Ensuring visibility of new products and Validation of retail outlets within territory.
- Sales: Ensure strict adherence to the route/journey plan and visit days, monitoring the trade executive to ensure coverage and to deliver the territory’s numbers.
- Telesales: ensure adherence to call plans and relationship management with assigned GT customers. Also ensure the work flow between the agent and the trade exec.
- Marketing: Manage territory specific brand engagements and initiatives to drive acquisition/ recovery, retention and visibility of Slow moving / New SKU’s. Confirm and ensure deployment of necessary infrastructure and process to deliver brand and trade programs to meet the territory’s requirements. This will be based on market research / survey carried out jointly.
- Team leadership: Manage and monitor an efficient and effective team of Trade Execs and Telesales agents. Onsite on-boarding of the trade execs (ride-along)
- Build and Maintain the territory’s customer database through efficient consolidation of quantitative and qualitative customer data points working closely with the Hub Manager.
- Ensure adherence to set goals and KPI’s developed for the Territory’s; champion innovation in the development of trade programs in the Hub’s and track ongoing results.
- Ensure that objectives in terms of availability, visibility, volume, margin, quality and market price of products are achieved in the Territory.
- Ensure adherence to customer trading terms (Bonus, credit and discounts) for general trade customers in the territory.
- Ensure adherence to Customer retention strategy for the territory. Increase levels of trade support and customer loyalty by ensuring there is an established close working relationship with the customers.
- Work closely with the brand team assigned to the territory to execute in- store promotions and initiatives to drive sell-in and sell- out within the Territory.
- Monitor Market execution of all initiatives in the territory through frequent market visits with the trade execs.
- Manage the productivity and cost optimization and issues escalating from the territory.
- Minimum of a HND/BSc degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a Sales Supervisor capacity within the FMCG sector.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Demonstrable expertise using Analytics Tools to manage a sales team.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
- Good commercial understanding numerical skills, a high level of computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Fully geographically mobile.
- Ability to work flexibly.
Factory-to-Retail distribution for Consumer-Packaged Goods companies in Africa.
3/4 Adewunmi Industrial Estate, Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun, Lagos
© 2023. Powered by SeamlessHiring